Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Preparation of (i) Detailed Architectural Designs, (ii) Detailed Structural Designs, (iii) Detailed Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Designs (iv)Safeguards Documents (Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)) (v) Tender Documents and (vi) Construction Supervision of Coast Water Head Office Block works,
1. Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA), a state corporation under the Ministry of Water and Sanitation & Irrigation (MWS&I) has received a grant from the Government of Kenya (GoK) toward the cost of the Construction of the Head Office Block, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services (“the Services”) include the Preparation of (i) Detailed Architectural Designs, (ii) Detailed Structural Designs, (iii) Detailed Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Designs (iv)Safeguards Documents (Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)) (v) Tender Documents and (vi) Construction Supervision of Coast Water Head Office Block works. The specific activities include:
a) To prepare detailed Architectural Designs including drawings,
b) To prepare detailed Structural Designs including drawings,
c) Prepare Detailed Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Designs including drawings
d) To prepare tender documents,
e) To prepare Safeguards documents (ESIA),
f) To Assist the client to obtain all construction approvals and or permits,
g) To supervise, in accordance with the works conditions of contract,
h) To provide the Client with monthly progress reports and any other reports as per the term of reference
i) To prepare a post construction management and maintenance manuals of the office block e.g. Operational Manuals etc.
3. The estimated input is Thirty-seven (37) staff months consisting of Three (3) staff months for phase I (design stage) and thirty-four (34) staff months for phase II (supervision stage). The assignment will take fifteen (15) calendar months i.e. three (3) months for design stage period, twelve (12) months works construction period and twelve (12) months Defects Notification Period (DNP). An allowance of three (3) calendar months shall be provided for procurement of the works contractor.
4. The CWWDA now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
a) Consulting firm’s background and registration. Must have a minimum of ten (10) years in building structural engineering and or architectural consultancy as a core business,
b) The consulting firm should have experience in detailed building structural design, detailed Architectural design, preparation of tender documents, preparation of safeguards documents and works supervision of building structures in Kenya for the last five (5) years,
c) The consulting firm should have experience of at least two (2) projects of similar nature during the last five (5) years of each value of at least Kshs 50 million,
d) Detailed company profiles including financial status and evidence of technical capability to undertake the assignments,
e) Consulting firm must possess tax compliance certificate,f) Presence of appropriate skills among key staff.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs to the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and the regulations 2020.
6. Consultants may submit their REOI as an individual firm or in association in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0800 to 1630 hours from Monday to Friday excluding lunch hour (1230 to 1400 hours) and public holidays.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person or by e-mail) by 1200 hours on 23rd September 2020
The Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Works Development Agency,
Mikindani Street, Mombasa.
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org