FINANCE MANAGER - (Ref: CWWDA/HR/FM-001/2020)-(INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT)
Reports To The CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Duties and Responsibilities
No. of Posts : 1
Job Grade : 2
Department : Finance
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Terms of Employment: Contract (Three (3) years renewable based on performance)
Basic Salary Details: KShs per month : 85,000 – 209,440
85,000*12750 – 136,000*24480 – 209,440 p.a
Housing Allowance: Kshs:40,000
Commuter Allowance: Kshs: 18,000
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all the financial resources of the Agency are acquired, disbursed, prudently invested, fully accounted for and reported efficiently. Should ensure that the Agency is financially sound and in conformity with the overall Strategic Plan.
- Formulate the Agency’s financial strategy and ensure it is properly implemented;
- Ensure sound corporate governance by identifying risks and developing and implementing proper controls in order to minimize those risks;
- Spearhead formulation implementation and review of sound financial policies systems and procedures to sustain the Agency;
- Develop Systems for the effective and efficient management of financial resources;
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting, reporting and analysis in order to aid management decision making;
- Ensure efficient revenue collection, disbursement, accounting and reporting;
- Advise the Agency on financial viability of proposed investment;
- Ensure financial reports are prepared and submitted in compliance with the Agency requirements;
- Participate in setting in setting performance targets and appraisals for the Finance staff in the Agency;
- Manage all financial relationships with external agencies, partners and Donors;
- Prepare accurate and timely budgets and periodic financial performance reports for presentation to the Board of Directors;
- Organize, manage, motivate and develop staff in the finance function;
- Oversee the protection of the Agency’s assets; and
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors’ Committees.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Commerce Degree (Finance/Economics or Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- Being a holder of Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is desirable; Possession of Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)/Accounting/Economics/Finance or its equivalent is an added advantage;
- Must be a holder of CPA(K) or ACCA qualification;
- Must be a member of the relevant professional body and in good standing;
- Minimum seven (7) years’ progressive and proven experience with at least five (3) years’ experience in Financial, Accounting or Auditing at senior management level;
- Experience in implementing financial strategies in a dynamic environment; and
- Ability to use computers including MS Office suite (including Excel) and/or relevant accounting computer programs is a must.
Required skills and Competencies
- Should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have experience in dealing with target-based multi-disciplinary teams;
- Understands and can implement the regulatory obligations of the Agency.
- Strong communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Experience working with international donor agencies will be an added advantage and international business experience is a plus; and
- Strong leadership, management, couching and negotiation skills
Application Procedures and Deadline
Candidates, who meet the above specifications and have the drive to join a highly motivated work team, should submit their applications and CV including a reliable telephone and e-mail contact of self and at least three (3) referees, so as to reach us on or before Friday, 15th October, 2020 addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Works Development Agency,
P.O Box 90417-80100,
E-mail Address: email@example.com
CWWDA is an equal opportunity employer and women and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.