SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)-Invitation for Initial Selection (IIS)-Design, Build and Operate of Mwache Water Treatment Plant and Associated Works
Starting From: 2023-02-14 Deadline: 2023-03-28
1. The Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA) through the Government of Kenyahas received funds from Agence Française de Développement ("AFD") toward the cost of the Improvement of drinking water and sanitation systems in Mombasa – Mwache Project, and it intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contract for Design, Build and Operate of Mwache Water Treatment Plant(WTP)and associated worksContract No.CWWDA/AFD/PQ/W3/2022-2023. The CWWDA intends to initially select a maximum of five (5)qualified contractors for the Works.
2. The CWWDA, a Parastatal under the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation (MWSI), now invites eligible and qualified bidders to apply for prequalification for the works. The description of Works is to Design, Build and Operate the 186,000 m3/day Mwache Water Treatment Plant comprising of the following components:
- New Water Treatment Plant
- Raw Water pumping station
- Raw Main Pipes
- Clear Water Tank
- Adminstration building
- Training of the Employer’s staff
- Operation and maintenance for 24 months (or 36 months)
The Employer may consider phasing the construction of the Water Treatment Plant.
3.The overall contract implementation period shall be 57 months (or 69 months) including the folllowing phases:
- Design, approvals phase – duration shall be 9 months
- Construction and commissioning phase – duration shall be 24 months
- Operation and maintenance phase – duration shall be 24 months (or 36 months with 12 optional additional months)
4. It is expected that invitations for bid will be made in 2024.
5. Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA) during working hours (from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Kenyan time) from Monday to Friday except during lunch time (12:30pm – 2:00pm), weekends and public holidays. A complete set of the Initial Selection Documents in English languagemay be purchased by interested Applicants (a) on the submission of a written application to the address below and (b) upon payment of a non refundable fee of Kshs. 1,000.00. The method of payment will be cash payment or Bankers cheque. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt or can download the document free of charge from our website www.cwwda.go.ke or The National Treasury Procurement Portal, and immediately email the firms’ names and contact details to: email@example.com for records and communication of any tender clarifications or addenda failure to which your tender will be rejected.
6. Applications for initial selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00pm kenyan timeon 28th March 2023. Late application may be rejected.
7. The address referred to above is:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA)
Attention: Procurement Manager,
Nkrumah Road, Off Mikindani Street, Mombasa - Kenya