1. The Coast Water Works Development Agency (CWWDA) through the Government of Kenya (GoK) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water and Sanitation Development Project (WSDP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Baricho Well Field Protection Works, Contract No. KE-CWSB-233052-CW-RFB.
2. The Coast Water Services Works Development Agency (CWWDA), a Parastatal under the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders (Construction Contractors) to undertake the works i.e. construction of flood protection works for the Baricho Upstream and Downstream Wellfields. The Works include but are not limited to:
a) Construction of reinforced and unreinforced piles of 4,190 m length.
b) Laying of 5,120 pieces of gabion boxes and 41,520 square meters of gabion. mattresses some of which in underwater conditions.
c) Concrete works of 1,880 cubic meters.
d) Service roads of 8,950 square meters.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from
Chief Executive Officer
Coast Water Works Development Agency
Mikindani Street (Off- Nkrumah road)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0745 hours to 1630 hours local time from Monday to Friday, except during lunch hour (1230 hours to 1400 hours), during weekends and public holidays at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible
bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Kshs 1,000 (Kenya Shillings One Thousand Only).
The method of payment will be cash or Banker’s cheque. The Bidding Documents will be collected from the address below upon production of a purchase receipt. The document will be sent via email for delivery within or outside Kenya, if specifically so requested by the interested eligible bidders. However, CWWDA will be under no circumstances be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so mailed. The documents can also be viewed and downloaded from the website www.cwwda.go.ke.
Bidders who download the tender document from the website MUST forward their particulars immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org for records and any further tender clarifications and addenda.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 1200 hours Local Time on 1st September, 2021. The bid should be clearly marked “Baricho Well Field Protection Works, Contract No. KE-CWSB-233052-CW-RFB” and placed in the Tender Box located at CWWDA Head Office in Mombasa. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below at 1205 hours Local Time on 1st September, 2021.
7. All Bids shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in the form of a Bank Guarantee
of Kshs. 10,000,000.00 (Kenya Shillings Ten Million Only).
8. The address(es) referred to above is(are):
The Chief Executive Officer,
Coast Water Works Development Agency Boardroom,
Mikindani Street (Off – Nkrumah Road),